150g plain flour (plus a bit extra for dusting)
75g unsalted butter
Pinch of sea salt
50g caster sugar
1 egg yolk
and finally which ever Long Dog Company Jams or Curd you love!
Muffin baking tray
1. Put the flour and unsalted butter into a large bowl and rub together with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Mix in the caster sugar, a pinch of sea salt and the egg yolk. If the pastry is too dry, you can add 1 or 2 tbsp of water.
3. Once the pastry is mixed together, form into a ball, flatten it a little and wrap it in cling film. Leave this to chill for at least 30 minutes before using.
4. Preheat your oven to 190C (Gas Mark 5).
5. Lightly flour the work surface and begin to roll out the pastry, this should be rolled out to the thickness of a £1 coin.
6. Using a cutter, cut the pastry into discs that are large enough for your muffin/ cake tray. The pastry should be approximately 1.5cm deep for your filling.
7. Place the pastry discs into the tray. Add approximately 1 tablespoon of jam or curd into each tart. Careful not to overfill.
8. Put the tray into the oven and bake for 16-20 minutes (depending on your oven).
9. Once taken out of the oven, leave the tarts to cool down for at least 15-20 minutes, this makes them easier to remove from the tray and lets the jam cool down.
WARNING The jams and curds will be very hot when removed from the oven.